Dimethyl sulfide (DMS) or methylthiomethane is an organosulfur compound with the formula (CH3)2S. DMS is used as a sulfur source for industrial catalysts used in hydrodesulfurization, hydrodenitrification, and catalytic cracking. It is also used as a furnace passivation agent and as a “back-up” odorant in gas products. In addition, DMS is used as a chemical intermediate for the synthesis of other fine chemical, for example, dimethyl sulfoxide. The analysts forecast the global dimethyl sulfide market to exhibit a CAGR of 4.6% during the period 2019-2024. The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global dimethyl sulfide for 2019-2024. To calculate the market size, the report considers the dimethyl sulfide sales volume and revenue.
The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: regional markets, and application.
Geographically, the global dimethyl sulfide market is segmented into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America. This report forecasts revenue growth at a global, regional & country level, and provides an analysis of the market trends in each of the sub-segments from 2019 to 2024.
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico, etc.)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Thailand, etc.)
- Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Russia, Spain, etc.)
- Middle East & Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Egypt, Nigeria, UAE, Israel, South Africa, etc.)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Venezuela, Peru, etc.)
Based on application, the dimethyl sulfide market is segmented into:
- Chemical Intermediates
- Gas Odorants
- Passivation Agents
- Presulfiding Agents
The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market. Some of the leading players in the global dimethyl sulfide market are:
- Arkema S.A.
- Binzhou Longhua Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC
- Gaylord Chemical Company, L.L.C.
- Hubei Xingfa Chemicals Group Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Lunan Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shanxi Yangmei Fengxi Fertilizer Industry (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Toray Fine Chemicals Co., Ltd.
- request free sample to get a complete list of companies
Objective of the study:
- To analyze and forecast the market size of global dimethyl sulfide market.
- To classify and forecast global dimethyl sulfide market based on region, and application.
- To identify drivers and challenges for global dimethyl sulfide market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in global dimethyl sulfide market.
- To conduct pricing analysis for global dimethyl sulfide market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in global dimethyl sulfide market.
The report is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as manufacturers and partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities. Key target audience are:
- Manufacturers of dimethyl sulfide
- Raw material suppliers
- Market research and consulting firms
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to dimethyl sulfide
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with dimethyl sulfide suppliers and industry experts. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports, and proprietary databases.
Some of the latest trending market research reports from same category.
Get your queries resolved from an industry expert.
Design an exclusive study to serve your research needs.
We ensure to provide relevant data to assist our clients in solving market challenges.
Your personal and confidential information is safe and secure.