Carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) is an anionic, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose that features unique properties of outstanding adherence, water absorption, and water retention. CMC is produced commercially in a two-stage process consisting of a mercerization stage followed by an etherification stage. It is commercially sold as sodium salt and scientifically known as sodium carboxymethylcellulose (Na-CMC).
The global carboxymethyl cellulose market size was valued at $1,333.57 million in 2019 and is projected to reach $1,793.04 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.32% from 2020 to 2026. Carboxymethyl cellulose is used in various end-use industries such as food & beverages, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, paints & coatings, textile, cosmetics & personal care, paper making, household care, and others. Demand for healthy food and beverage products, expansion in global pharmaceuticals markets are major drivers increasing demand for CMC in the next five years.
The carboxymethyl cellulose market is segmented on the basis of product, application, and region. The report offers a breakdown of market shares by product, including Highly Purified CMC, Technical Grade CMC. By application, the carboxymethyl cellulose market is classified into Food & Beverages, Oil & Gas, Pharmaceuticals, Personal Care & Cosmetics, Paper, Household & Home Care, Textile, Paints & Coatings. On the basis of region, the carboxymethyl cellulose industry is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and MEA (the Middle East, and Africa).
- Highly Purified CMC
- Technical Grade CMC
- Food & Beverages
- Oil & Gas
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
- Household & Home Care
- Paints & Coatings
By region, the market is analyzed across North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America. This report forecasts revenue growth at global, regional & country level from 2020 to 2026.
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico, etc.)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Thailand, etc.)
- Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Russia, Spain, etc.)
- Middle East & Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Egypt, Nigeria, UAE, Israel, South Africa, etc.)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Venezuela, Peru, etc.)
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the global carboxymethyl cellulose market. Some of the leading players profiled in the report include:
- CP Kelco ApS
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- Dow Chemical Company
- Ashland Inc.
- Lamberti S.p.A.
- Daicel Corporation
- Nippon Paper Group, Inc.
- Química Amtex, S.A.
- DKS Co., Ltd.
- Ugur Seluloz Kimya AS
- Shandong Yiteng New Material Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Landu New Material Co.,Ltd.
- Changzhou Guoyu Environmental S&T CO., Ltd.
*list is not exhaustive, request free sample to get a complete list of companies
The base year of the study is 2019, and forecasts run up to 2026.
- To analyze and forecast the market size of global carboxymethyl cellulose market.
- To classify and forecast global carboxymethyl cellulose market based on product, application, and region.
- To identify drivers and challenges for global carboxymethyl cellulose market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in global carboxymethyl cellulose market.
- To conduct pricing analysis for global carboxymethyl cellulose market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in global carboxymethyl cellulose market.
The report is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as manufacturers and partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities. Key target audience are:
- Manufacturers of carboxymethyl cellulose
- Raw material suppliers
- Market research and consulting firms
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to carboxymethyl cellulose