A gas chromatograph (GC) is a powerful analytical instrument sed in analytical chemistry for separating and analyzing compounds that can be vaporized without decomposition. The analysis performed by a gas chromatograph is called gas chromatography. Gas chromatography is used in a wide variety of applications including petroleum and petrochemical, oil & gas, environmental, pharmaceuticals, food & beverages, cosmetics, flavors and fragrances, etc.
The global gas chromatography (gas chromatography instrument and gas chromatography reagent) market size was valued at $1,657.93 million in 2019 and is projected to reach $2,146.39 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.3% from 2020 to 2026. Growing potential for gas chromatography in pharmaceutical & biotechnology industry is the chief contributor for the growth of the market.
The gas chromatography market is segmented on the basis of product, application, and region. The report offers a breakdown of market shares by product, including Gas Chromatography Instrument, Gas Chromatography Reagent. The instrument submarket can be further classified into laboratory gas chromatography, process gas chromatography. The laboratory gas chromatography segment dominated the overall GC instrument market and accounted for more than 73% of the total market.
Based on applications, the market for gas chromatography is segmented into oil & gas, petrochemical & chemical, food & beverages, pharmaceuticals & biotech, environmental, academics & research institutes, and other. The pharmaceuticals & biotech segment was valued at USD 362.62 million in the year 2019 and is forecasted to reach a value of USD 483.64 million in the year 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.2% during the period of assessment.
On the basis of region, the gas chromatography industry is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and MEA (the Middle East, and Africa). North America is expected to dominate the gas chromatography market due to increasing investment by the government in biopharmaceutical research and the production of pharmaceutical drugs. The rising geriatric population in the region increases the demand for medicines to treat various diseases, which in turn will boost the demand for gas chromatography products.
- Gas Chromatography Instrument
- Gas Chromatography Reagent
- Food & Beverages
- Academics & Institutes
- Pharmaceuticals & Biotech
- Oil & Gas
- Petrochemical & Chemical
By region, the market is analyzed across North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America. This report forecasts revenue growth at global, regional & country level from 2020 to 2026.
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico, etc.)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Thailand, etc.)
- Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Russia, Spain, etc.)
- Middle East & Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Egypt, Nigeria, UAE, Israel, South Africa, etc.)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Venezuela, Peru, etc.)
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the global gas chromatography market. Some of the leading players profiled in the report include:
- Agilent Technologies Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- MilliporeSigma (part of Merck KGaA)
- Phenomenex Inc. (part of Danaher Corp.)
- Shimadzu Corporation
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- JEOL Ltd.
- Bruker Corporation
- Waters Corporation
*list is not exhaustive, request free sample to get a complete list of companies
The base year of the study is 2019, and forecasts run up to 2026.
- To analyze and forecast the market size of global gas chromatography market.
- To classify and forecast global gas chromatography market based on product, application, and region.
- To identify drivers and challenges for global gas chromatography market.
- To examine competitive developments such as partnership, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in global gas chromatography market.
- To conduct pricing analysis for global gas chromatography market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in global gas chromatography market.
The report is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as manufacturers and partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities. Key target audience are:
- Manufacturers of gas chromatography
- Market research and consulting firms
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to gas chromatography