A polyimide is a specific type of polymer produced from diamines and dianhydrides. Polyimides may be thermoplastic, with a high melt viscosity requiring high pressure to form molded parts. Polyimides may also be thermosetting, whereby imide oligomers are crosslinked into a three-dimensional network. Leading markets segment for polyimides include molding resins, films, fibers, advanced composites, wire enamels, foams, coatings and adhesives.
Due to the excellent electrical and physical properties, polyimides are used in aerospace, electronics, automotive, and various other industrial applications. Electronics is the fastest-growing end user segment for polyimides and this trend is anticipated to continue in the future. Polyimide films are used to make flexible printed circuits for laptops, smartphones, tablets, wearables and other devices. Transparent polyimide films are of interest as it will be a substitute for substrates in flexible, lighter-weight flat panel displays, imaging sensors, solar cells, and other products.
According to Gen Consulting Company, global polyimide market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period 2020-2026. The polyimide market is segmented on the basis of product, application, and region. The report offers a breakdown of market shares by product, including PI Film, PI Resin, PI Foam, PI Fiber, PI Varnish. By application, the polyimide market is classified into Aerospace, Electronics, Automotive, Industrial. On the basis of region, the polyimide industry is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and MEA (the Middle East, and Africa). North America dominates the global demand for polyimide and this trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. As the third largest polyimide market in the world, Asia Pacific is showing the fastest growth rate primarily owing to huge demand in China.
- PI Film
- PI Resin
- PI Foam
- PI Fiber
- PI Varnish
By region, the market is analyzed across North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America. This report forecasts revenue growth at global, regional & country level from 2020 to 2026.
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico, etc.)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Thailand, etc.)
- Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Russia, Spain, etc.)
- Middle East & Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Egypt, Nigeria, UAE, Israel, South Africa, etc.)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Venezuela, Peru, etc.)
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the polyimide market. Some of the leading players profiled in the report include:
- Boyd Corporation
- CEN Electronic Material Co. Ltd
- Changchun Hipolyking Co., Ltd.
- Changshu Zhongxun Space Flight Insulating Material Co. Ltd
- Compagnie de Saint-Gobain S.A.
- Du Pont-Toray Co., Ltd.
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- Ensinger Sintimid GmbH (HP Polymer Inc.)
- Evonik Industries AG
- Gabriel Performance Products, LLC
- Guilin Electrical Equipment Scientific Research Institute Co. Ltd.
- HD MicroSystems, LLC.
- Hipolyking Polyimide Materials Co. Ltd
- Honghu Shuangma Advanced Materials Tech Co., Ltd.
- Huawei Polyimide Co., Ltd.
- Huntsman Corporation
- I.S.T Corporation
- Imitec, Inc.
- Jiangsu Aoshen Hi-Tech Materials Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Shino New Materials Technology Co., Ltd.
*list is not exhaustive, request free sample to get a complete list of companies
The base year of the study is 2019, and forecasts run up to 2026.
- To analyze and forecast the market size of global polyimide market.
- To classify and forecast global polyimide market based on product, application, and region.
- To identify drivers and challenges for global polyimide market.
- To examine competitive developments such as mergers & acquisitions, agreements, collaborations and partnerships, etc., in global polyimide market.
- To conduct pricing analysis for global polyimide market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in global polyimide market.
The report is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as manufacturers and partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities. Key target audience are:
- Manufacturers of polyimide
- Raw material suppliers
- Market research and consulting firms
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to polyimide