Squalane is derived by hydrogenation of squalene. It is naturally present in the skin lipid barrier of plants, animals and humans, preventing moisture loss while restoring skin’s suppleness and flexibility. In contrast to squalene, due to the complete saturation of squalane, it is not subject to auto-oxidation. This fact, coupled with lower costs associated with squalane, make it desirable in cosmetic applications. Squalene is a high-end, oil-free moisturizing ingredient used in many cosmetics that, until recently, was extracted primarily from the liver of deep sea sharks. Squalene is quickly absorbed into the skin without leaving an oily residue and also mixes well with other oils, which will augment its demand in personal care and cosmetic products. Squalene is also used in the manufacture of vaccines.
_x000B_The global squalane market size is projected to reach $226.4 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 8.58% from 2020 to 2026. The squalane market is segmented on the basis of product, application, and region. The report offers a breakdown of market shares by product, including Animal-based Squalane, Plant-derived Squalane, Biosynthetic Squalane. By application, the squalane market is classified into Cosmetics, Dietary Supplements, Pharmaceuticals. On the basis of region, the squalane industry is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and MEA (the Middle East, and Africa).
- Animal-based Squalane
- Plant-derived Squalane
- Biosynthetic Squalane
- Dietary Supplements
By region, the market is analyzed across North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America. This report forecasts revenue growth at global, regional & country level from 2020 to 2026.
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico, etc.)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Thailand, etc.)
- Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Russia, Spain, etc.)
- Middle East & Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Egypt, Nigeria, UAE, Israel, South Africa, etc.)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Venezuela, Peru, etc.)
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the squalane market. Some of the leading players profiled in the report include:
- Amyris, Inc.
- Arbee Biomarine Extracts Pvt. Ltd.
- Efp Biotek
- Kishimoto Special Liver Oil Co., Ltd.
- Maruha Nichiro Corporation
- Nucelis LLC
- Sophim S.A.
- Vestan SA
- Yichun Dahaigui Life Science Co., Ltd.
*list is not exhaustive, request free sample to get a complete list of companies
The base year of the study is 2019, and forecasts run up to 2026.
- To analyze and forecast the market size of global squalane market.
- To classify and forecast global squalane market based on product, application, and region.
- To identify drivers and challenges for global squalane market.
- To examine competitive developments such as mergers & acquisitions, agreements, collaborations and partnerships, etc., in global squalane market.
- To conduct pricing analysis for global squalane market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in global squalane market.
The report is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as manufacturers and partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities. Key target audience are:
- Manufacturers of squalane
- Raw material suppliers
- Market research and consulting firms
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to squalane