Tungsten carbide is a chemical compound (specifically, a carbide) containing equal parts of tungsten and carbon atoms. It is a dense, metallike substance, light gray with a bluish tinge, that decomposes, rather than melts, at 2,600°C. Tungsten carbide is prepared by heating powdered tungsten with carbon black in the presence of hydrogen at 1,400°–1,600°C. It is used extensively in cutting tool material, mining and drilling tool and wear parts. According to Gen Consulting Company, global tungsten carbide market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period 2020-2026. Growing potential for tungsten carbide in aerospace & defence industry is the chief contributor for the growth of the market.
The report offers a breakdown of market shares by application, including Metal Cutting Tools, Mining & Drilling Tools, Wear Parts, Others. By end-user, the tungsten carbide market is classified into Aerospace & Defence, Automotive, Electronics & Electrical, Mining, Oil & Gas, Medical, Others. On the basis of region, the tungsten carbide industry is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and MEA (the Middle East, and Africa).
- Metal Cutting Tools
- Mining & Drilling Tools
- Wear Parts
- Aerospace & Defence
- Electronics & Electrical
- Oil & Gas
By region, the market is analyzed across North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America. This report forecasts revenue growth at global, regional & country level from 2020 to 2026.
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico, etc.)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Thailand, etc.)
- Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Russia, Spain, etc.)
- Middle East & Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Egypt, Nigeria, UAE, Israel, South Africa, etc.)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Venezuela, Peru, etc.)
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the tungsten carbide market. Some of the leading players profiled in the report include:
- A.L.M.T. Corp
- Arendals Fossekompani ASA
- Chongyi Zhangyuan Tungsten Co., Ltd.
- Ganzhou Huamao Tungsten Material Co., Ltd.
- GEM Co., Ltd.
- Global Tungsten & Powders Corp. (GTP)
- Guangdong Xianglu Tungsten Co., Ltd.
- H.C. Starck GmbH
- IMC International Metalworking Companies B.V. (TaeguTec Ltd.)
- Japan New Metals Co., Ltd.
- Jiangxi Jiangwu Cemented Carbide Co., Ltd.
- Jiangxi Yaosheng Tungsten Co., Ltd.
- Nanchang Cemented Carbide Limited
- Sandvik AB
- Xiamen Tungsten Co., Ltd.
- Zigong Huagang Cemented Carbide New Material Co., Ltd.
*list is not exhaustive, request free sample to get a complete list of companies
The base year of the study is 2019, and forecasts run up to 2026.
- To analyze and forecast the market size of global tungsten carbide market.
- To classify and forecast global tungsten carbide market based on application, end-user.
- To identify drivers and challenges for global tungsten carbide market.
- To examine competitive developments such as mergers & acquisitions, agreements, collaborations and partnerships, etc., in global tungsten carbide market.
- To conduct pricing analysis for global tungsten carbide market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in global tungsten carbide market.
The report is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as manufacturers and partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities. Key target audience are:
- Manufacturers of tungsten carbide
- Raw material suppliers
- Market research and consulting firms
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to tungsten carbide